Man left fuming after forking out £10 for two 99s from 'greedy' ice cream seller

Cman

Addiction treatment harder to get since councils took over care, says Tory MP

Normal People's Paul Mescal pays tribute to "best friend" Daisy Edgar-Jones

1623351887803.png

Following from the Daily Mirror - Heads Up - my advice is to not buy, if enough people do this, then the vendor will soon catch on.

For Flake's sake! The sun is out but one man was left fuming after forking out £10 for two "99" ice creams.

The beloved British summer classic hit the headlines earlier this year after Cadbury's announced a shortage of the chocolate bar.

But it seems the shortage may have hiked the prices after one customer was left reeling at the extortionate price.

The man was left outraged after coming across the expensive ice creams while visiting the Roaches, North Staffordshire, during half-term Stoke on Trent Live reports.

He wrote on social media: "The first and last time I pay £10 for two 99s. I know there's a Flake shortage but come the f*** on!"

Bengie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sorry but it serves him right. All he had to do was gasp and refuse the icecreams.

Why pay it, just walk away and leave them on the counter.

Alan

Administrator
Staff member
I'm with you on this Bengie, "Left Fuming" it should read "Left Looking Like An Idiot" for paying that amount. I dont know what icecreams cost in England but it seems way, way too much!

Cman

There was a court case years ago about the high price of ice creams. The judge ruled for the vendor saying that it was a luxury item and therefore could be charged at whatever the market could bear. So Supermarkets are the answer for home consumption. The problem is - when you're out and about on a hot day - ice cream is so nice!!!!

Bengie

Administrator
Staff member
I agree that it is gorgeous especially on a seafront stroll on a nice hot day, but I would go without
rather than pay £5 for an icecream.

Alan

Administrator
Staff member
Its simple really, if you want the ice cream and are happy to pay the money then its worth it. If you want the ice cream but dont want to pay the money for it then walk away.