Stupid BBC

We have commented on this. How absolutely thick are those at the BBC, 'lets keep people happy and change
history'.
This really is society gone mad.

Smithers

I have never ever seen anything so bloody stupid, there are portraits of her painted at the time
I just can't see why they would do such a thing.

anne.jpg

Joe.Public

I don't think this has anything to do with BLM. We know she was white so why have a black
girl portray her.

Does this mean if they make a film or play about Muhammad Ali, they will be getting a white
man to play him. This is daft pure and simple.

Alan

well I think it does, a lot of things started from that like statues being torn down and major debates on the amount of black employees in many workplaces. From that a lot of the television companies decided to up their coloured actor quota and thus the result. If you look at any modern tv show like the news etc then there are a significant rise in coloured people. I dont have anything against them but lets get it right! The above is a great example.

Bengie

Administrator
I don't think you can compare this with racial problems from the past. I can see the reason some
want statues etc torn down or turned but history is history, it's been and you can't change it no
matter what toleranences are or aren't.

So what are they now going to teach children in school, Queen Elizabeth was Chinese.

I agree with what you say but it you are making a factual programme about someone you need to be factual.

Alan

Yes I can compare this, since the BLM risen to god knows what heights then a multitude of companies including TV and Film admitted they didnt use so many black people. Since then most companies including TV and Film are rushing to make amends and fill the screens with an over proportionate amount of coloured people. That is very true here and you can see it in the new spate of adverts, its out of proportion and bloody stupid in my opinion.

Bengie

Administrator
I can understand making things even and yes have noticed mainly in ads that most marriages
are now mixed.
But this has nothing to do with that, this is a deliberate attempt to mislead on history

Alan

Oh good god, its because they think they should have more colourd actors and wether or not it goes against history or anything else just frightens them. For gods sake just read the news and then comment

Bengie

Administrator
They have no right to change history.

The BBC is funded by direct taxation of the people and continually say they are answerable to
the public, I don't remember any public consultation to change history.

Last edited: