Taskbar Icons

Bengie

Administrator
Staff member
I have three monitors and use them for different purposes. I keep one for my email, so is it possible to have my
taskbar icon of Outlook email only show on my right hand monitor and some of the other icons on my left hand monitor ?

Last edited:

Alan

Administrator
Staff member
Open the Settings App and click on Personalisation then Taskbar.
Under Multiple Displays make sure the slider is set to on.
Under that click on the dropdown and select Taskbar wher the window is open.
Close the Settings app and the taskbar icons should now only appear where the open window, in this case Outlook, is.

Bengie

Administrator
Staff member
They still stay on the main center monitor but it's better than it was. thanks.

Alan

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, there's a fix for that too :)
Back to the Taskbar in the Settings App and above where it says Multiple Displays you will see a link Choose which icons that show on the taskbar, click on that and scroll down to Outlook and turn it off.
It should now appear only on the taskbar where Outlook is.

Alan

Administrator
Staff member
Check under both links, it works fine on all our computers here so I would look at those links.

Alan

Administrator
Staff member
Now we have established that the problem is that you cannot pin items on a secondary screen without using third party software we can regard this issue as solved.
If anyone would like to test a very powerful third party software for 30 days then I would recommend DisplayFusion. They have a free version but to unlock its full potential the paid version is best. It is a software that I have used for over ten years and never once had cause to complain.

Bengie

Administrator
Staff member
I'v had a look and there are just too many things it can and can't do that it's a complete baffle.
I don't understand what they are talking about so will give that a miss.

Alan

Administrator
Staff member
It does a lot and thats a fact, I have mine set to do what I want it to do and nothing more which is about 25% of its capabilities.